Unicode characters break snap

Gareth France gareth.france at cliftonts.co.uk
Sun Jan 8 09:24:41 UTC 2017

Having finally packaged my Roku and Now TV remote (RokuTerm) I am now
bug fixing and adding polish. It functions very well but is rather ugly
so I have created a new keypad screen using unicode characters.

It is all written in python and runs perfectly locally, however when
snapped it fails with the following error:

UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position
0-24: ordinal not in range(128)

So is there something I have to add to the python script, or the
snapcraft.yaml to allow the unicode characters?

Thanks

Gareth