Creating a snap using make or autotools

Luther Goh Lu Feng elfgoh at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 06:55:32 UTC 2017

This probably isn't the right place to ask, but I thought I should ask in case it does matter in the context of snapping: when creating a snap of say, a hello world program in C[1], should I use the make or autotools plugin?

Is one better than the other when it comes to snap creation?

A quick visual scan of snappy playpen seems to indicate that more project use autotools than make, though I am unsure if the numbers are reflective of actual preferences. Appreciate if anyone can share more.

Full disclosure: I am unfamiliar with both make and autotools. Thanks.

[1] http://groups.engin.umd.umich.edu/CIS/course.des/cis400/c/hworld.html