Triggering CI/snap builds on changes to snapcraft parts

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Mon Mar 20 20:34:10 UTC 2017

On 20/03/17 11:37, Evan Dandrea wrote:
> Do you need better than day-level resolution? If not, I'd suggest using
> Travis' cron feature to create nightly builds:
> https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/cron-jobs/

Does that actually solve the problem described, though?  I ask because as Loïc
stated it, it's one that I'm interested in too.

Suppose a security update arrives for a deb package that my snap lists as a
build-package or a stage-package.  Ideally CI would recognize that the
dependencies have updated since the snap was last built, build a new package,
and auto-upload (and maybe publish) it.

Do nightly builds actually address this?  Most of the time there will be no
changes to the dependencies, so how does one identify the times when the
published package needs updating?