Status of snapd on Arch Linux

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Mon Mar 20 21:17:49 UTC 2017

On 20/03/17 21:39, Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:
>   * installing my ldc2 snap (`snap install --classic --candidate ldc2`)
>> worked
>>     fine (it shows up in `snap list` as expected) but if I try to run
>>     /var/lib/snapd/snap/bin/ldc2 directly I get an error message:
>>
>>         execv failed: No such file or directory
>>

> What is it pointing to?

/var/lib/snapd/snap/bin/ldc2 is pointing to /usr/bin/snap (as are all the
entries in /var/lib/snapd/snap/bin/).

>   * attempting to run the actual underlying binary within the snap, i.e.
>>     /var/lib/snapd/snap/ldc2/current/bin/ldc2 (or any of the other
>> binaries
>>     there) results in a similar error message:
>>
>>         -bash: ./ldc2: No such file or directory
>>

> This was never supposed to be done. Exposed content is supposed to work as
> done above.

I do recognize that, but in the circumstances I thought I'd try it to see if it
shed any light on the situation.

> Most of these issues seem to be related to the move out of /snap, perhaps
> done too quickly.
>
> I'd suggest returning /snap to its place, at least until those issues are
> sorted out there.

Note that simply putting a /snap symlink to /var/lib/snapd/snap doesn't work
(cf. my response to Sergio).