Strategy for Snaps with Debugging Symbols

Dmitrii Shcherbakov dmitrii.shcherbakov at canonical.com
Tue Mar 28 13:35:55 UTC 2017

Just wanted to add that if we went for the approach where we replace
an application with its debug version, another issue is that complex
applications may behave differently depending on added instrumentation
in a debug build.

For example, if you added debugging code that slows down an
application in general it may stop triggering race conditions or
certain code paths.

In other words, there is a difference between running a 'debugging
build' and a 'release build with some debugging symbols loaded'.
Best Regards,
Dmitrii Shcherbakov

Dmitrii Shcherbakov  | Canonical
Field Software Engineer