Snappy takes long time to boot when no network

Loïc Minier loic.minier at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 1 10:57:35 UTC 2016

Hi Yann,

Following up from our IRC exchange  :-)

What would you expect to be working before network is up? Is it startup of
the snaps' services, or the console, or the Snapweb web UI etc. [1]?

Cheers,
- Loïc

[1] of course, still need to address Snapweb not starting properly with no
network

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 11:30 AM, Yann Sionneau <yann.sionneau at parrot.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just updated my snappy image and now it takes a very long time to
> boot (140 seconds) because of
>
> [FAILED] Failed to start Wait for Network to be Configured.
> See 'systemctl status systemd-networkd-wait-online.service' for details.
>
> which is :
> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-
> networkd-wait-online.service.html
>
> Is there a way to configure Snappy to not wait for network to go up at
> bootup?
>
> Lots of embedded devices don't have a 24/24 network connection.
>
> Thanks!
>
> PS : I already tried systemctl disable systemctl status
> systemd-networkd-wait-online.service without success.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
>
> Yann

- Loïc