More Ubuntu-Core boot up problems...

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 8 12:45:41 UTC 2016

hi,
On Do, 2016-09-08 at 09:36 -0300, Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:
> Strange.. my email client just did something silly and discarded my
> message. Trying again:
>
> Yeah, devicecraft is a good name but also awkward to type, and makes
> snapcraft less interesting as you point out.
>
> The fragmentation seems justified as the subjects are quite
> unrelated. Mixing makes a bad experience on both ends.

i'm not sure how unrelated the subjects really are, for this month i
see exactly three small image related threads (plus michaels announce
mail) of which only one exploded (this one) due to discussing the
creation of a new ML :)

looking at the august archive the amount of device related questions is
about the same ... and most questions are actually snap/snapd related

i dont think this justifies singeling out the users of images yet,
there is enough overlap.

we should definitely do this if there is enough traffic justifying it,
but currently this seems like we will just create a desert full of
tumbleweed which wont really help promotion either.

ciao
	oli